Westerly Road Church is now Stone Hill Church of Princeton!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And he will direct your paths.
Hallelujah! This is the week we have been praying and preparing for since at least the groundbreaking in 2012. I hope you are as humbled and excited as I am. God has been faithful to his promise in Proverbs 3 and has directed our paths in countless ways: to him be all the praise! So now here we are, ready to move into our new facility on Bunn Drive.
Though it may seem like our relocation journey is over, there are still lots of changes and transitions that will take place over the next few weeks. To make them a bit easier, I provide below answers to some common FAQs. But even with answers to FAQs, never forget that there will still be plenty of occasions for each of us to trust the Lord, be flexible with each other, and settle into Stone Hill Church with humble faith.
- Where is the new church building? It is located at 1025 Bunn Drive, Princeton, NJ. If you plug that address into Google Maps, MapQuest, or any other app, you can easily get directions. If you prefer to work off a hard copy, the office has also put together a “Directions to Stone Hill Church” guide sheet which is readily available.
- Is there ample parking? The parking lot at Stone Hill has over 215 regular and seven handicapped spaces. There are two entrances, one from Bunn Drive and the other from Herrontown Road. Both of them feed easily into the parking lot. And the lot wraps closely around the building, so there won’t be a long walk from your car to the building.
- With a sanctuary that seats 500 people, will we still have two Sunday morning services? Yes, the Sunday morning schedule will remain as it is, with both a 9:30 and an 11:00 service.
- When should I plan to arrive on Sunday? You should build some extra time into your schedule at least for the next few weeks. The parking and traffic patterns will be new for you and others, as will be the building layout. So allow yourself at least ten or fifteen extra minutes to get used to things. And remember that there are all sorts of other reasons to add that extra time: the Café will be serving, the Atrium is ideal for conversations and catch-up, there is plenty to see, and the sanctuary provides a peaceful spot to pray before worship.
- When does our name change take effect? Stone Hill Church of Princeton becomes “official” and “live” the week of December 2. But don’t worry. In terms of website, email, and even check-writing, you can still revert back to Westerly Road Church. We have set things up to handle both during the transition.
What to expect this week: throughout the week the church building and offices will be moving from the Westerly Road location and settling in at 1025 Bunn Drive. Unless otherwise notified, all regular events and programs are suspended for the week. If you can help with unpacking and set up, please contact the church office or just stop in to Stone Hill during regular business hours. On Saturday morning, 12/7, 9:45-12:45, there is an open house at Stone Hill along with concurrent training sessions for those involved in Sunday worship and programs. Please check with the office for further information. On Sunday morning, December 8, our regular worship services (9:30 and 11:00) will be held for the first time at Stone Hill Church.